URBAN CULTIVATOR envision a future
in which school garden education helps
children become healthy adults who know the basics of growing food, and
contribute to a sustainable society.
The importance of encouraging children
to work with URBAN CULTIVATOR
living plants is clearly recognized.
It broadens childrens’ education and improves their health, offering also a valuable training in real life industry
School Gardening benefits include:
1. School gardening is a wonderful way to teach students valuable agriculture concepts.
2. Gardening integrates with other subjects including math, science, art, health/physical education, social studies,
3. Gardening helps kids set and achieve educational goals such as personal and social responsibility.
4. By learning focus and patience, cooperation, teamwork and social skills, students gain self-confidence and a sense of "capableness".
5. Students become more fit and healthy as they start choosing healthy foods over junk food.
6. Garden-based teaching addresses different learning styles and intelligences.
7. Achievement scores improve because learning is more relevant and hands-on.
URBAN CULTIVATOR believe that gardenig
is an indispensable part of children’s education and personal development. Learning through gardening connects kids to their food diet and community needs, engaging them in nurturing a healthy planet.
URBAN CULTIVATOR enable schools to organize living laboratories where lessons are drawn from real life experiences and fueled by a child’s innate curiosity and enthusiasm, providing a unique and
dynamic environment to observe, discover, experiment, nurture and learn.